SOHO HOUSE BARCELONA.

A private members’ club for people in the creative industries, Soho House & Co has since opened clubs across Europe and North America, as well as restaurants, cinemas, workspaces, spas and bedrooms. It was Nick Jones, founder of Soho House, who wanted to create a home rather than a hotel for his guests. Now you can also find Soho House in Barcelona and it’s set in a striking 18th century building in the historic Duc de Medinaceli square, overlooking Port Vell marina x 

BRUNCH AND CAKE WOKE US UP.

Brunch & Cake located at C/Enric Granados, 19. Nobody can possible have missed this place on Instagram. There main focus is plating and everything looks beyond beautiful. How did it taste then? They really make everything with care, passion and wherever possible, they use organic and locally sourced ingredients.  This place really woke us up after a long night out x

HOW TO CELEBRATE NYE IN BARCELONA.

New Year’s Eve or Nochevieja, as it’s known in Spanish, the best time to visit Spain according to me – as it is full of celebrations, fiestas, traditions, and superstitions. In Barcelona, most people try to get as close to the Magic Fountain as possible as there are also water and music displays and spectacular performances on a large stage. That’s why we decided to celebrate as far as possible from that area and drove to Sitges – a beautiful city outside Barcelona. Our friends had a big party and dinner and we had a blast. 

Just before 12 we tried one of the biggest Spanish New Year’s traditions – that’s is to eat one grape on every chime of the last 12 seconds of the year. By the time it strikes midnight you will have stuffed a total of 12 grapes into your mouth. If you manage to chew and swallow them in time, it is said to bring you good luck for the entire year x

FLAX AND KALE.

Best breakfast you’ll never have in Barcelona (trust me on this) is at Flax&Kale. Flax & Kale Tallers is the first Healthy Flexitarian Restaurant in Barcelona. All the dishes are designed not only to maximize the organoleptic pleasure, but also considering their nutritional value – sounds complicated but it’s not. 80% of what they offer is plant-based and the remaining 20% are recipes that contains fish – so NO MEAT YEY. Everyone been in Spain knows how much they love their meat haha. Next level on their avocado toast – I’m drooling just looking at these pictures x

 

WE’RE IN BARCELONA.

Finally! Had to re-fuel my vitamin D level – also known as the sunshine vitamin, we synthesise this essential nutrient through our skin’s natural reaction to UV from the sunlight. Unfortunately, for people living in the northern hemisphere, the winter sun is simply not strong enough for us to make the level of vitamin D that we need to stay healthy. Luckily I’m not stuck in Sweden all year haha. Vitamin D is needed for healthy bones, but less well known are the effects is has on our immune system and its vital role in keeping our mood elevated. Thank you Barcelona for charging me up x 

MADRID VIEWS.

To find a great view spot is always key when you’re visiting a new city. Roof-top bars or a great sundeck is crucial to kick-start a weekend trip. I loved ME Madrid Reina Victoria and Hotel Urban when I was younger – here you can find really good cocktails and the location for both of them are great. A new favorite is Room Mate Óscar Hotel also worth trying.

This time we stayed at Gran Viá Apartments – it’ s strategically situated in the centre of Madrid, right on Gran Vía – a few steps away from the main cultural and financial points of the city. Here you can see the view – really wish we had more time to spend on that terrass x

ibiza closing.

Heard so many mixed feeling about Ibiza but have to say that I loved it – techno, sunshine and long nights. One key ingredient why I loved this place this place was the group of people I was traveling with – my favorite girls. Don’t miss Sundays at Pacha with Solomun, DC10 or Passion Café. Hope to see you next summer Ibiza xx